“Sigh! Another week – another weekly food shop!”
“Food shopping – what a drag”
Is this how you feel?
It’s how I was feeling last week when I approached the supermarket.
So I tried something a little bit different instead. I challenge you to do the same too!
* SHOPPING CHALLENGE *
Try starting at the far side of the supermarket and working your way back around to the fruit and veg isle. I tried this today and observed the following benefits:
1) Working against the traffic meant that I did not get caught waiting behind people. – other customers could see me coming and so moved out of my way.
2) My fruit, veg and bread did not get squashed.
3) I noticed new products that I do not normally see.
4) I took more notice of my shopping list as it did not feel as though I could do this shop on auto pilot -therefore I did not put things in my trolley just because I normally do, only if I needed them!
5) I ended up near to the less busy tills
6) I ended up nearer to the exit doors.
7) It made my shop a little less boring!
I know not all supermarkets are laid out the same, so I’d be interested to know if you try this what your findings are and which Supermarket you used.
Oh, and one more little tip – I also found out (having no suitable change in my purse and just a Euro in my car) that a 1 Euro coin will fit in the trolley at my local supermarket. It’s now going to be kept in the car for the weekly shop!