Who we are
My website address is: http://makewithkate.co.uk.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How I process your data when you sign up for classes with me or opt to receive my email newsletter.
Registering your child for a class or event
- With your consent, the information collected on the form will be held on this online database by Jotform for the duration of time that your child attends my classes.
- It will also be printed off by me (the data controller) and held securely for my use when planning and delivering classes.
- I will refresh the registration information once a year by asking you to fill in an initial registration form again or by removing you from my database. Paper copies of your data will be disposed of securely by incineration.
- I may verbally share some of the dietary information or additional educational needs with my volunteers or members of staff. This will only be done as deemed necessary by me, Kate Leese, for the safety or quality deliverance of a lesson to your child and in their vital interests.
- I will bring a paper copy of this form with me to classes so that in the event of an emergency I can access your consent and contact details quickly and therefore not be reliant on technology as the sole source of this information.
- I will not pass any of your data onto third parties for any other use other than that stated above.
- Please read the privacy for form respondents policy here for Jot form – the data processor that I use to help me collect information on my forms. You should scroll down to the section entitled: PRIVACY FOR FORM RESPONDENTS
- You can make ammendments to the information that I hold on you at any time. You can also ask that your information be removed at any time. This can be done by using the email address or phone number below.
- If you have any questions or would like your data to be removed, please contact me on: 07846 052329
Kate Leese, Sandwich Road, CT12 5JA
Signing up for a newsletter / freebie / updates
- When you sign up to receive any one of the above, you will be asked to select which type of emails you would like to receive.
- I will only send you the information you specify on your choices when you sign up.
- You can unsubscribe or manage your settings at any time. There is a button at the bottom of every email that I send you. It is quick and easy to unsubscribe.
- If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact me on: 07846 052329 Kate Leese, Sandwich Road, CT12 5JA